Massage Therapist at Gateway Family Chiropractic
Crystal Fortune, is the one providing this beautiful healing service to our clients.
What is Massage Cupping?
Explained by Our Loveland, CO Health Professional Team
Cupping is an ancient method of healing that has written records going back to ancient Egypt about 3,500 years ago. Other ancient cultures used it, such as Greece and China. In fact, the method was perfected in ancient China, and has been associated with that area of the world for thousands of years.
Cupping therapy employs negative pressure, rather than tissue compression, for superior results in a wide array of bodywork techniques. It is safe, comfortable and remarkably effective for many health disorders. By creating suction and negative pressure, this therapy releases rigid soft tissue, drains excess fluids and toxins, loosens adhesions, lifts connective tissue, and brings blood flow to stagnant skin and muscles. How is cupping accomplished? The cup is positioned over the treatment area, and depending on the types of cups being used, a vacuum is created by reducing the pressure inside the cup, therefore stretching the underlying tissues up into the cup.
What Conditions Does Massage Cupping Treat?
Cupping treats a variety of conditions, such as the following:
- Knee Pain
- Back Pain
- High Blood Pressure
- Herpes Zoster
What are the Benefits of Massage?
In addition to being able to effectively treat the above conditions, cupping also has the following health benefits:
- Improved Circulation--The raising of the skin into the cups brings new blood to the area and increases circulation there, bringing healing.
- Toxin Release--Along with new blood coming to the area that needs healing, any toxins in the area are brought to the surface of the skin and released.
- Faster Healing of Muscles, Ligaments, and Tendons--Many people use cupping for healing of injury to the soft tissues. That's why you see so many athletes sporting cupping marks. Improving circulation in the area makes the tissues heal faster.
- Reduction of Pain--Cupping increases the release of endorphins, which block pain receptors, leading to a reduction in pain, which makes you feel good all over and improves your quality of life.
- Softening of Stiff Muscles and Other Soft Tissues--Cupping can involve moving the cups around on the skin on some patients, if they need it. This acts like a gentle massage, which releases tension in the soft tissues, making them softer and more comfortable.
What to do next if you are in the Loveland and Fort Collins communities and interested in Massage?
Contact Gateway Family Chiropractic at 970-669-7620 to make an appointment to try cupping therapy with our qualified massage therapist. You will enjoy working with Gabriela Hacal, LMT, CCT and will find her gentle touch and caring attitude both refreshing and healing. New patients can receive a consultation, comprehensive exam, and report of findings from our Loveland chiropractors, as well as massage for only $40. We are looking forward to welcoming you to the Gateway Family Chiropractic family, call us today!