Benefits of Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy at Gateway Family Chiropractic
When you think of Gateway Family Chiropractic, you no doubt summon images of spinal adjustments, massage therapy, and other common natural healing techniques. One modality you may not be so familiar with, however, is PEMF (Pulsed Electromagnetic Field) therapy. PEMF involves applying specific frequencies of electromagnetic waves to replenish the electromagnetic “batteries” in your cells, thus helping them perform their everyday tasks more efficiently so you can enjoy better health. Let’s take a look at some of the specific benefits offered by this form of therapy. Click the button below for your FREE Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy trial.
Even before electromagnetism was well understood by science, magnetic stones had been used to treat a variety of illnesses for thousands of years. Today, we not only understand the principles of electromagnetic energy but how that energy influences cellular behavior. Studies have also documented the effectiveness of modern-day PEMF therapy in addressing specific health concerns, including:
- Pain relief – A study of PEMF therapy’s effects on pelvic pain demonstrated that 16 out of 17 participants experienced major pain relief in 90 percent of their pelvic pain episodes. PEMF therapy also appears to reduce the number of migraine attacks, making it a valuable complement to other migraine treatments from our chiropractors in Loveland CO.
- Increased flexibility – PEMF therapy can increase the range of motion in patients with conditions such as osteoarthritis. A 1996 study found that patients with cervical arthritis enjoyed not only greater flexibility in the neck but also less pain and fewer muscle spasms.
- Enhanced circulation – Improvements in circulation can promote healing and improve physical function. PEMF therapy appears to have a dilating (expanding) effect on the blood vessels, enabling them to carry a greater volume of blood with less resistance.
- Arthritis symptom relief – According to a 1998 study, PEMF stimulation can have a beneficial effect on rheumatoid arthritis, helping patients experience less pain and stiffness.
- Nerve tissue repair – Damaged nerve tissue is notoriously hard to heal, but PEMF therapy seems to make a significant difference. Research indicates that damaged sciatic nerve tissue, for instance, regenerates more quickly under PEMF therapy.
- Bone healing – Bones heal better when subjected to PEMFs.in one study, 11 out of 13 patients with a history of delayed bone healing saw healing within 14 weeks.
- Diabetic polyneuropathy – Diabetes often causes various kinds of nerve dysfunction. A study of patients suffering from diabetic polyneuropathy showed that PEMF therapy improved both spinal and peripheral nerve function.
- Mood disorder treatment – Laboratory research indicates that one particular frequency range of PEMF energy may lessen feelings of depression, fear and anxiety.
Learn More From Our Chiropractors in Loveland CO
As you can see, PEMF therapy holds extraordinary promise as a treatment modality. To find out if it might benefit you, call 970-669-7620 to schedule a consultation with our chiropractors in Loveland, CO. Our new client special includes a consultation, exam and more for just $21! Click the button below for your FREE Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy trial.